OH-58C KIOWA/ OH-58D KIOWA WARRIOR
The Kiowa and Kiowa Warrior have served the US Army admirably for a number of years, but when more advanced models went into service, the existing fleet was sold to police forces and later corporate security forces. Therefore this helo is very likely to be seen by 'punks everywhere.
Military models come with little armor protection (as if the military models do, either), and only a radio and bright searchlight. Multi-nationals interested in a weapons platform use the OH-58D, which can mount a heavy machinegun, Hellfire or TOW II-C misslies, and 2.75 inch rockets. The 58D also has a mast mounted sensor suite See below for details.
- OH-58C: Two pilots and up to 4 passengers
- OH-58D: Two pilots only
Speed: 85 mph
- Main Body- 100
- Tail Section- 50
- Rotor- 30
- Cockpit windshield- 50
Range: 400 miles
Length: 20 feet
Rotor width: 48 feet 6 inches
Weight: 1.5 tons
- OH-58C: 1100 pounds
- OH-58D: Only equipment carried by the pilots
- OH-58C: CR700,000
- OH-58D: CR1,400,000
- Radio: 300 mile range
- Searchlight: range 500 feet
- FLIR (Forward Looking Infrared): range 3000 feet. Can see a mouse at this range.
- Thermal sensor: range 3000 feet.
- Laser designator: range 6000 feet. Add +2 to strike.
The 58C can be modified to carry weapons, but lose one passenger for each system added. The 58D can mount:
The cost reflects the price of weapons.
- one missile system
- either a heavy machinegun or grenade launcher
- a six round 2.75 inch rocket system